Calgary road closures - January 3, 2017
January 3, 2017
This press release is aimed at informing 911 and the media of major road closures and lane restrictions. For information on closures in your area, visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo.
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport).
The right lane of eastbound 16 Avenue N.E. is closed at 1 Street N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, January 3 for construction.
The right lane and adjacent sidewalk of westbound 16 Avenue N.W. is closed at 14 Street N.W. and the speed limit is reduced to 50 km/hr. in the area daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Tuesday, January 3. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, January 6 and accommodates construction.
- There will be intermitted closures of approximately 10 minutes on Stoney Trail N.W. at Sarcee Trail N.W. between the hours of 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. nightly on both Tuesday, January 3 and Wednesday, January 4. Calgary Police Service will be onsite at this intersection directing traffic during these closures.
- The ramp from eastbound Stoney Trail N.W. to Sarcee Trail N.W. will be closed from 11 p.m. on Thursday, January 5 to 5 a.m. on Friday, January 6.
- For more information on this project, visit the project page.
- For more information, visit the project page
- Various lane closures in all directions 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
- The Shepard Road access south of Glenmore is closed. There will be a new access created at 24 Street S.E. south of Glenmore Trail, west of the existing Shepard Road alignment. Traffic requiring to access Shepard Road south of Glenmore Trial will be detoured via the new 24 Street S.E. exit and then along 86 Avenue S.E. to reconnect with Shepard Road. There will be limited business access north of 86 Avenue S.E. on Shepard Road after detour in place. In addition, the eastbound lanes on Glenmore Trail will be re-aligned into the next stage of construction. The eastbound and westbound lanes will be separated with two new intersections created. Ogden Road will have some alignment shifts north of Glenmore Trail to accommodate these traffic changes.
The right lane and adjacent cycle track will be closed on 12 Avenue S.W. between 2 Street and 4 Street S.W. daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Monday, January 2. During this closure, cycle track traffic will be detoured into the closed traffic lane. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Tuesday, January 17 and accommodates utility work.
- 17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between 5 Street and 6 Street S.W. beginning at 7 a.m. on Wednesday, January 4. This closure is expected to continue until 7 p.m. on Wednesday, January 25.
- 17 Avenue S.E. is reduced to a single lane in each direction from 1 Street S.E. and Centre Street S through 7 p.m. on Friday, January 6.
- For more information, visit the project page.
Alberta Transportation maintains Deerfoot Trail (Hwy.2) and Stoney Trail (Hwy. 201). For more information on work happening on these roads visit Alberta Transportation’s website.