Calgary road closures - January 23, 2017
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions press release
January 23, 2017
This press release is aimed at informing 911 and the media of major road closures and lane restrictions. For information on closures in your area, visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo.
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport).
Various lane closures at Country Hills Boulevard N.E. and Harvest Hills Gate N.E. daily from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Monday, January 23 and Tuesday, January 24 for utility work.
- For more information on this project, visit the project page.
- NEW: There will be various lane closures on southbound Macleod Trail between Shawnessy Boulevard / Midlake Boulevard and 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Monday, January 23 until Friday, January 27.
- NEW: There will be various lane closures on northbound Macleod Trail between 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard and Shawnessy Boulevard / Midlake Boulevard from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily on Monday, January 23 until Friday, January 27.
- NEW: The two left lanes will be closed on southbound Macleod Trail at 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 9 p.m. Wednesday, January 25 until 5 a.m. Thursday, January 26.
- NEW: The two left lanes will be closed on northbound Macleod Trail at 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. nightly Thursday, January 26 and Friday January, 27.
- For more information, visit the project page
- The Shepard Road access south of Glenmore is closed. There will be a new access created at 24 Street S.E. south of Glenmore Trail, west of the existing Shepard Road alignment. Traffic requiring to access Shepard Road south of Glenmore Trial will be detoured via the new 24 Street S.E. exit and then along 86 Avenue S.E. to reconnect with Shepard Road. There will be limited business access north of 86 Avenue S.E. on Shepard Road after detour in place. In addition, the eastbound lanes on Glenmore Trail will be re-aligned into the next stage of construction. The eastbound and westbound lanes will be separated with two new intersections created. Ogden Road will have some alignment shifts north of Glenmore Trail to accommodate these traffic changes.
11 Street S.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction at 10 Avenue S.W. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Monday, January 23 and Tuesday, January 24 for utility work.
The right lane of northbound 8 Street S.W. is closed from 8 Avenue to 10 Avenue S.W. beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, January 23. This closure continues until 7 p.m. on Sunday, February 5 and accommodates construction.
The right lane and adjacent cycle track on 5 Street S.W. between 7 Avenue and 8 Avenue S.W. is closed daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Wednesday, January 11. Cycle track traffic will be diverted to the closed traffic lane. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, March 10 and accommodates utility work.
- 17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between Centre Street South and 1 Street S.E. through 7 p.m. on Friday, February 3.
- 17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between 5 Street and 6 Street S.W. beginning at 7 a.m. on Wednesday, January 4. This closure is expected to continue until 7 p.m. on Wednesday, January 25.
- For more information, visit the project page.
Alberta Transportation maintains Deerfoot Trail (Hwy.2) and Stoney Trail (Hwy. 201). For more information on work happening on these roads visit Alberta Transportation’s website.