Calgary road closures - January 17, 2017
January 17, 2017
This press release is aimed at informing 911 and the media of major road closures and lane restrictions. For information on closures in your area, visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo.
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport).
NEW: Reduced lanes in both directions of the Airport Tunnel from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Wednesday, January 18 for tunnel camera maintenance.
NEW: The right lane of westbound Country Hills Boulevard N.E. is closed at Deerfoot Trail N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, January 18 and Thursday, January 19 for construction.
NEW: Southbound 12 Street N.W. is closed between 7 Avenue N.W. and 12 Avenue N.W. from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, January 18. This closure accommodates construction.
NEW: The right lane of southbound Edmonton Trail N.E. is closed at 3 Avenue N.E. from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesday, January 18 for water services utility work.
Northbound Crowchild Trail will be reduced to a single lane between Bow Trail S.W. and Memorial Drive N.W. nightly from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. beginning on Monday, January 16. This closure repeats nightly during these hours on Tuesday, January 17 and Wednesday, January 18. This closure accommodates bridge work.
- For more information on this project, visit the project page.
- There will be various lane closures on southbound Macleod Trail between Shawnessy Boulevard / Midlake Boulevard and 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Monday, January 16 until Friday, January 20.
- For more information, visit the project page
- Various lane closures in all directions 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
- The Shepard Road access south of Glenmore is closed. There will be a new access created at 24 Street S.E. south of Glenmore Trail, west of the existing Shepard Road alignment. Traffic requiring to access Shepard Road south of Glenmore Trial will be detoured via the new 24 Street S.E. exit and then along 86 Avenue S.E. to reconnect with Shepard Road. There will be limited business access north of 86 Avenue S.E. on Shepard Road after detour in place. In addition, the eastbound lanes on Glenmore Trail will be re-aligned into the next stage of construction. The eastbound and westbound lanes will be separated with two new intersections created. Ogden Road will have some alignment shifts north of Glenmore Trail to accommodate these traffic changes.
The right lane and adjacent cycle track on 5 Street S.W. between 7 Avenue and 8 Avenue S.W. is closed daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Wednesday, January 11. Cycle track traffic will be diverted to the closed traffic lane. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, March 10 and accommodates utility work.
- NEW: The right lane of westbound 17 Avenue S.W. is closed at Centre Street S from 7 a.m. on Wednesday, January 18 to 7 p.m. on Friday, January 20.
- 17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between Centre Street South and 1 Street S.E. through 7 p.m. on Friday, February 3.
- 17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between 5 Street and 6 Street S.W. beginning at 7 a.m. on Wednesday, January 4. This closure is expected to continue until 7 p.m. on Wednesday, January 25.
- For more information, visit the project page.
Alberta Transportation maintains Deerfoot Trail (Hwy.2) and Stoney Trail (Hwy. 201). For more information on work happening on these roads visit Alberta Transportation’s website.