Calgary road closures - February 15, 2017
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions press release
February 15, 2017
This press release is aimed at informing 911 and the media of major road closures and lane restrictions. For information on closures in your area, visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo.
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport).
NEW: Reduced lanes in the Airport Tunnel daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday, February 16 for tunnel maintenance.
NEW: Reduced lanes on both directions of 96 Avenue N.E. at Aurora Park Drive N.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesday, February 21 for utility work. Speed limit will be reduced to 50 km/hr. through the construction zone.
NEW: Reduced lanes in the Airport Tunnel daily from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. beginning on Tuesday, February 21. These closures accommodate tunnel maintenance and continue until 2 p.m. on Friday, February 24.
- For more information on this project, visit the project page.
NEW: Various single lane closures at Dartmouth Road and 25 Avenue S.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, February 22 for traffic signal work.
19 Avenue S.E. is reduced to a single lane in each direction at 33 Street S.E. beginning at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, February 13. During the closure, 33 Street S.E. is also reduced to a single lane in each direction at 19 Avenue S.E. This closure remains in place until 6 p.m. on Friday, February 17 and accommodates utility work.
- There will be various lane closures on southbound Macleod Trail between Shawnessy Boulevard / Midlake Boulevard and 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily on Monday, February 13 until Friday, February 17.
- There will be various lane closures on northbound Macleod Trail between 162 Avenue S.E. / Sun Valley Boulevard and Shawnessy Boulevard / Midlake Boulevard from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily on Monday, February 13 until Friday, February 17
- For more information, visit the project page
- NEW: The left lane will be closed on eastbound Glenmore Trail west of Ogden Road / 24 Street S.E. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, February 17 to allow for installation of sign structures. Flagman personnel will be on site to stop eastbound traffic when required.
- The Shepard Road access south of Glenmore is closed. There will be a new access created at 24 Street S.E. south of Glenmore Trail, west of the existing Shepard Road alignment. Traffic requiring to access Shepard Road south of Glenmore Trial will be detoured via the new 24 Street S.E. exit and then along 86 Avenue S.E. to reconnect with Shepard Road. There will be limited business access north of 86 Avenue S.E. on Shepard Road after detour in place. In addition, the eastbound lanes on Glenmore Trail will be re-aligned into the next stage of construction. The eastbound and westbound lanes will be separated with two new intersections created. Ogden Road will have some alignment shifts north of Glenmore Trail to accommodate these traffic changes.
The right lane and adjacent cycle track on 5 Street S.W. between 7 Avenue and 8 Avenue S.W. is closed daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Wednesday, January 11. Cycle track traffic will be diverted to the closed traffic lane. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, March 10 and accommodates utility work.
- NEW: 5 Street S.W. is closed between 15 Avenue and 17 Avenue S.W. beginning at 7 a.m. on Saturday, February 18. This closure continues until 7 p.m. on Monday, February 20. During this closure, 17 Avenue S.W. will also be reduced to a single lane in each direction at 5 Street S.W.
- Update: 17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction between 5 Street S.W. and 6 Street S.W. beginning at 7 a.m. on Monday, February 13. This closure remains in place until 7 p.m. on Monday, February 20.
- 17 Avenue S.W. is reduced to one lane in each direction from 6 Street to 7 Street S.W. from 7 a.m. on Monday, February 6 until 7 p.m. on Monday, March 6.
- For more information, visit the project page.
Glow 2017 Downtown Calgary Light Festival
- 8 Avenue is closed between Macleod Trail and 1 Street S.E. from 6 p.m. on Friday, February 17 to 11 p.m. on Sunday, February 19
- Reduced lanes on 4 Street S.W. between 6 Avenue and 7 Avenue S.W. from 6 p.m. on Friday, February 17 until 9 p.m. on Monday, Feb 20
Alberta Transportation maintains Deerfoot Trail (Hwy.2) and Stoney Trail (Hwy. 201). For more information on work happening on these roads visit Alberta Transportation’s website.