Calgary road closures - December 27, 2016
Calgary road closures and lane restrictions press release
December 27, 2016
This press release is aimed at informing 911 and the media of major road closures and lane restrictions. For information on closures in your area, visit Calgary.ca/trafficinfo.
Find up to the minute road closure information on the Transportation Twitter account (@yyctransport).
No major closures scheduled
NEW: Kensington Road N.W. is reduced to a single lane in each direction from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday, December 28 for construction.
The right lane and adjacent sidewalk of westbound 16 Avenue N.W. is closed at 14 Street N.W. and the speed limit is reduced to 50 km/hr. in the area daily from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning on Tuesday, December 27. This closure continues daily during these hours until 3 p.m. on Friday, December 30 and accommodates construction.
- For more information on this project, visit the project page.
Update: 42 Street S.E. is reduced to a single lane between Blackfoot Trail S.E. and 11 Street S.E. through 12 p.m. on Friday, December 30 for construction.
15 Street S.E. is closed between 42 Street and 46 Street S.E. During this closure, business access will be maintained. This closure continues through 2016 and accommodates major water services work.
Zoo Road will be closed until December 2017 to accommodate the construction of the Zoo Flood mitigation project. The 12 Street S.E. bridge will remain open to local only traffic.
- For more information, visit the project page
- Various lane closures in all directions 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
- The Shepard Road access south of Glenmore is closed. There will be a new access created at 24 Street S.E. south of Glenmore Trail, west of the existing Shepard Road alignment. Traffic requiring to access Shepard Road south of Glenmore Trial will be detoured via the new 24 Street S.E. exit and then along 86 Avenue S.E. to reconnect with Shepard Road. There will be limited business access north of 86 Avenue S.E. on Shepard Road after detour in place. In addition, the eastbound lanes on Glenmore Trail will be re-aligned into the next stage of construction. The eastbound and westbound lanes will be separated with two new intersections created. Ogden Road will have some alignment shifts north of Glenmore Trail to accommodate these traffic changes.
NEW: Sifton Boulevard S.W. will be closed at Crestview Road S.W. beginning at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, December 28. This closure continues until 3 p.m. on Thursday, December 29 and accommodates utility tie-in. Motorists are advised to use alternate routes, and expect delays in the area.
- 17 Avenue S.E. is reduced to a single lane in each direction from 1 Street S.E. and Centre Street S through 7 p.m. on Friday, January 6.
- For more information, visit the project page.
Mac’s Midget International Hockey Tournament
- The Max Bell Arena entrance and exit will be limited to right-in and right out traffic onto Barlow Trail S.W. from Monday, December 26 to Sunday, January 1. This is to facilitate traffic flow.
- Police will be onsite directing traffic
New Year’s Eve Celebration
- From Wednesday, December 28 at 9 a.m., through 8 p.m. on Monday, January 2, the left lane of MacLeod Trail northbound between 7 – 8 Avenue SE will be closed.
- On Thursday, December 31, MacLeod Trail SE northbound will be closed from 5 p.m. Friday, December 30 – 8 p.m. Sunday, January 1 at 9 Avenue SE.
- 3 Street S.E. from 6 Avenue to 8 Avenue S.E. will be closed at 11:45 p.m. on Saturday, December 31 until 12:30 a.m. on Sunday, January 1.
- Police will be onsite be directing traffic.
Alberta Transportation maintains Deerfoot Trail (Hwy.2) and Stoney Trail (Hwy. 201). For more information on work happening on these roads visit Alberta Transportation’s website.